Sunday, 1 July 2012

Bridleway Signpost

Ambiguous signposts:

 I was taking a break from training course preparation Saturday afternoon and Julie was in London attending an examination meeting.  So Estelle and I decided to go out for a walk on outskirts of Romsey. First part was straightforward as it was one Estelle has done before, but she normally did it as a out and back again. It looked to me like we could turn it into a circular one so we carried on even though I hadn’t got my Garmin GPS hike navigator with me.

Our reasonable sense of direction meant that we navigated OK and succeeded despite quite a few decision points along the way. We could have done with a few little trail signposts to confirm we were heading in the right direction so I got quite excited when I saw a signpost coming up, only to be met by the most useless 3 way fingerpost in the world. OK, I suppose if you were on a horse it would confirm you could continue on your horse, but I felt the need to take a snap of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment